I'm excited to introduce Terry Prather, COO at Lift Orlando, as Visit Orlando's new board chair, and the several community and business leaders who are joining our 2023 Board of Directors.
Terry is committed to collaboration and service to our community and has extensive experience in the travel and tourism industry.
Terry will spearhead the 2023 board comprised of industry professionals to help execute Visit Orlando's three-year strategic plan, strengthen the travel and tourism industry and showcase the wide-ranging opportunities the tourism industry provides for people of all backgrounds. He is Visit Orlando's first Black board chair.
I'm looking forward to working in partnership with Terry and our 2023 board of directors to further Visit Orlando's mission to be the most visited, welcoming and inclusive travel destination in the world.
Provided below are the new elections to the 2023 board:
New Board Chair to serve through December 31, 2024
Terry Prather, Chief Operating Officer, Lift Orlando
New Board Directors
- Chris Mueller, General Manager, Hilton Orlando
- Claudia Menezes, Vice President, GoPegasus
- John de Armas, CEO, ProfitLand Partners
- Chris Jaskiewicz, President & CEO, ICON Park
- Karen Irwin, President & Chief Operating Officer, Universal Orlando Resort
- Brad Gilmour, Vice President of Operations, Aquatica & Discovery Cove
The following is the slate of Executive committee members to be ratified by the board in early 2023:
- Chair-Elect: Barb Bowden, Area Managing Director, Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort
- Treasurer/Secretary: Atish Shah, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer at Xenia Hotels & Resorts Inc.
- Past Chair: Brian Comes, Area Vice President, Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Elected Director: Charlie Freeman, President of Business Operations, Orlando Magic
- At-Large Director: Paul S. Mears III: President & CEO, Hello! Destination Management
- Non-voting member: Casandra Matej, President & CEO, Visit Orlando
View the complete list of the 2023 Board of Directors on our website.